Distinguished Unit Citation
The following units of the 3rd Armored Division were awarded the Distinguished Unit Citation for heroism in action against the enemy in Europe.
- Medical section, 1st Battalion 32nd Armored Regiment at Ranes and Fromentel, France on 14 to 17 August 1944
- Forward Echelon and Headquarters Company 3rd Armored Division with attached personnel of the 143rd Armored Signal Company, in France and Belgium on 26th August to 4th September 1944.
- Reconnaissance Company, 32nd Armored Regiment, at Mons Belgium on 3rd to 4th September 1944
- 2nd Battalion 32nd Armored Regiment at Nutheim, the Siegfried Line, Germany on 11th to 13th September 1944.
- 1st Battalion 36th Armored Infantry Regiment at Munsterbusch, the Siegfried Line Germany on 12th to 22nd September 1944
- Medical section 3rd Battalion 36th Armored Infantry Regiment at Stolberg Germany on 17th to 21st September 1944
- 1st Battalion 33rd Armored Regiment (less Companies B and C and 3rd platoon Company A with F and I Companies) at Hastenrath and Scherpenseel Germany on 16th to 19th November 1944
- Company A 36th Armored Infantry Regiment at Echtz Germany on 10th to 13th December 1944
- Company C 36th Armored Infantry Regiment at Obergeich and Hoven Germany on 10th to 13th December 1944
Distinguished Service Cross 17
Legion of Merit 23
Silver Star 885
Soldiers Medal 32
Bronze Star 3884
Air Medal 138
Distinguished Flying Cross 3